Thursday, December 24, 2009

A peak into my personal life...

When I was in high school I LOVED Billy Corgan (of the Smashing Pumpkins)- it was an unnatural love- almost an obsession. Like my friends and I would bake a cake and celebrate his birthday (yes, on March 17- Saint Patrick's Day). We loved his big ole bald basketball head. See here:



Not the best looking man, I know..... but we loved him all the same.

Recently, I have heard through the grapevine (and all those trash magazines that I read) that he is dating none other than the serial dater Jessica Simpson. See here:



Yes we are talking about the girl, who, I quote said:

“Is this chicken, what I have, or is this fish? I know it's tuna, but it says 'Chicken by the Sea.'”

“On my first day of Jr. High I was in Geography class, and the teacher asked us if anybody knew the names of the continents. And I was so excited. I was like, Damnit! It's my first day of 7th grade, I'm in jr high and i know this answer. So i raised my hand I was the first one and I said A-E-I-O-U!”

I'm sure that there are many others, but I can't quite think of them right now.

So, back to the point of all of this- my little heart is broken.... How, seriously, HOW is he dating her? What happened to being attracted to a girl with brains, intelligence? I'm hoping that this is all just a publicity hoax and that it will end soon. That way I can still dream that Mr. Billy Corgan will show up on my front door and whisk me away while singing 1979 to me. :)

1 comment:

  1. aww I hadn't heard about him and Jessica Simpson either! My friends and I would wear our smashing pumpkins toboggans with the face with the frown (I can't even remember what it is called now, but I know you know) and recite the words to bullet with butterfly wings over lunch. Years later I saw Billy Corgan on Howard Stern when he was on E! and he talked about his pale white skin and wearing a long-sleeved shirt on the beach. He was on the show with this tan swimsuit model from I don't even remember where and that was when I first started realizing he had gone 'hollywood.' sad, sad times.

    ReplyDelete